“Can you help us build the aero bike of tomorrow?”
Jochim Aerts, founder Ridley Bikes
Ridley, an innovator in the area of bicycle technical know-how, asked Voxdale—as a specialist in aerodynamics—to work together with them on the development of the next generation of Noah Fast racing bicycles.
The goal was to create a racer that would be even faster and more aerodynamic—the fastest professional racer within UCI regulations.
The result of this process is a new generation of the Noah Fast model from Ridley, with improved performance in the areas of rider comfort and aerodynamics. For Ridley and Voxdale, the cherry on top is the result of the comparative study performed by the renowned German cycling magazine Tour Magazin.
“Noah Fast was the winner, celebrated as the best professional bike in the areas of comfort, design and aerodynamics”
Features of the Noah Fast
- F-Tubing: The same ‘truncated teardrop shape’ is used everywhere in the frame. The windflow is optimised across the tubing from different approaches.
- F-Wings: ‘Wings’ on the underside of the fork reduce turbulence
caused by the front wheel hub.
- F-surface Plus: There is a small notch in the tubing. This creates ‘mini-turbulence’. As a result, wind that previously collided with the frame under a curve or angle now stays attached for longer,
reducing the turbulence behind the frame (the golf ball effect).
- F-steerer: The D-shaped steering tubing ensures that all cables
are completely integrated into the steering/axle spindle and the
- Complete integration of all components: The steering, the
saddle and the forks blend seamlessly into the frame.
Want to know more? Call us, or